Agents of Shield Pendant Review

Being the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. fan that I am, I'm always on the look out for cool knick knacks with the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo. On eBay there are countless things to buy that range from trading cards to cuff links. Yet being the penny pinching cheapskate that I am, I wasn't going to pay $2 for something that was being auctioned for much less... which is how I got my newest Agents of S.H.I..E.L.D. item. The Auction price of 55 cents U.S. with FREE SHIPPING (I love those words on an auction)

Now all of you are thinking, 55 cents! That's amazing! Well yes and no. Yes its always fun to get something for nearly nothing, and sometimes you get a real prize. Unfortunately this time I got EXACTLY what I paid for. A 55 cent Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. logo pendant necklace. Its called

MARVEL AGENTS OF SHIELD S.H.I.E.L.D EAGLE CHAIN PENDANT NECKLACE




For the most part its not a bad pendant, yet its no where near being a good one either. It also only looks similar to the eBay listing photo which I'm guessing was photo-shopped to hide the imperfections. At first glance any fan of the show would say oh that is so cool! But when you actually take a good long look at it you can see how badly made it is.

First lets talk about the size, its approx 1 1/2 inchs, though advertised to be approx 1 inch. It doesn't seem like much but a 1/2 inch is a fairly big difference when your looking to where it as a necklace. Pull it off of the cheaply made necklace chain and attach a key chain ring and it would do much nicer.  The alloy is my guess a die cast similar to what the chassis of a hot wheels car is made of. Its light weight and sturdy but you just get this feel that you could bend it if you really really wanted to.
The eagle is made up of a type of cloisonne and full of bubbles. Clearly no care was taken in filling in the eagle shape since they didn't even get the cloisonne completely filled in. The rest of the pendant is covered in a cheap chrome like plating, which filled in several of the letters almost to the point of not being able to read them properly.

The back of the pendant has ridges, and if your a DIY (Do It Yourself) kind of person you'll be taking advantage of that. The ridges act as a nice gripping surface for glues and mounting tapes. I personally plan on using some Goop and mounting this onto the battery cap of my D cell Mag-light if the pendants not to big. You could also use some double sided mounting squares and mount this onto your laptop,.. etc.

As for me I don't really like it, cause of the many imperfections. It was well worth the 55 cents & FREE SHIPPING from China. I'm just picky I suppose. Fun for kids but nothing special for a collector or DIYer who has other plans for it.

  You can also see my video review on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Comments are moderated and may take several days to be posted

I have only 2 rules:

1) DO NOT post links to other sites without permission from me. (any post made with an unauthorized link will not be published)

2) NO RUDE/FOUL comments. Your opinion is welcome, but I will not allow offensive or insulting comments towards my opinions or other visitors opinions